Wednesday, September 14, 2011

writing 6

Ashtin Strelke
Michael Benton
English 102
September 14, 2011

                My topic that I’m writing on is about how I think that the government should decriminalize small amounts of marijuana in the U.S. Some of my reasons behind why I think this topic is important is because of the whole court system thing like how if you get caught with a little marijuana you get a ticket and a court date and the day you go to court you see that 75 percent of the people are in the court room for their same plant, then after you set there for an hour they call you and tell that you got to pay a fine for getting high or that you got to take classes or even go to jail. The way that they got it set up is jacked up they need to change it because now in the 21 century all kind of people smoke marijuana from business people to just regular everyday people so it’s not just real criminals it’s everyday people and it effects their lives by having to miss work or pay a huge fine or even go to jail if it’s your third time getting caught. If they decriminalize small amounts the government could do the whole medical weed and tax the hell out of it and then by doing that they don’t have to send your everyday people to court to get their money. On this topic my audience would be people that smoke marijuana so I guess pot heads and occasional marijuana smokers. Another problem I have with the law is that if alcohol is legal than I think that weed should be because I’ve never seen anyone OD or die from weed but alcohol on the other hand has killed tons of people from drunk driving and all type of other ways if makes you do things that you wouldn’t do if you weren’t drunk and weed does nothing to you but make you hungry, happy, sleepy you can still drive a car if your high you can basically do everything the same and with that said I think that how alcohol is a choice so should marijuana.
by saying decriminalizing small amounts of marijuana I’m not saying that a person should be able to grow it at their house of be able to ride around with pounds on you but I’m saying that if you get pulled over with a little amount of weed that they should just let you go and not take it let you keep it and go on about your business. I really feel like marijuana is just a plant and its form mother nature and god put it here on earth so I think it should be ok to smoke it without having to go to court or having to pay a fine. I think the government would make a lot more money with medical marijuana than by taxing everybody with court cost that gets caught with it but I’m pretty sure some states are doing just fine with the court system bring in money.             

No comments:

Post a Comment